On Guard is dōTERRA’s unique, proprietary blend formulated to support healthy immune function. Wild orange essential oil, combined with clove, cinnamon, eucalyptus and rosemary offer a fragrant, natural and effective alternative to synthetic options for immune support. On Guard, with its unique aroma, is one of our most versatile blends. It is also safe to use on counter tops, as a non-toxic way to cleanse surfaces, or to purify the atmosphere by diffusing. For aromatic, topical, or dietary use.
I have been diffusing this non stop this weekend, as well as using topically on all of us!
A very nasty respiratory illness is making its rounds and we just can not have it in our home with all of our kids being 5 and under, and especially having a newborn! OnGuard is our preventative best friend right now, and here are many reasons why it should be yours!
Let’s dissect this blend by taking each oil and looking at the benefits:
Wild Orange: Cold-pressed from the orange peel, wild orange is excellent for energizing and revitalizing. It is also commonly used as an effective tool for uplifting mood, as well as for its wonderful citrusy aroma.
Clove: This oil is much more than a popular cooking spice, it is a favorite among both health care professionals and health conscious individuals for its many useful and healing properties. It is also a powerful antioxidant.
Cinnamon: Well-known for its use as a spice, Cinnamon Essential Oil also has many therapeutic benefits. It promotes circulation, helping to alleviate aches and pains, builds and maintains a healthy immune system and has long been used to flavor food and for its internal health benefits.
Eucalyptus: Because of the many influential compounds found in eucalyptus, it is a key ingredient in cough and throat medicines and chest ointments. Eucalyptus is used widely both for its calming and clearing properties as well as to ease breathing.
Rosemary: Considered sacred by ancient Greeks, Romans, Egyptians and Hebrews, Rosemary has been revered by healers for centuries for its digestive uses and for muscle aches and pains.
When all of these are mixed together, they provide a strong POW of immune boosting goodness!
DoTerra has an entire line of products that contain OnGuard (because it is THAT great!).
Flu season is coming. I have never had the flu vaccine and neither have my kids (and they will never get it). But I am proactive in trying to keep them healthy. So far, none of us have ever had the flu and I pray that it stays that way. That is why we will be diffusing and using OnGuard all all fall and winter!
Ways to Use OnGuard:
1. Use OnGuard on the soles of feet! Why the feet? By using oils on the feet, it can more quickly absorb into the blood stream. The easiest and quickest way to use OnGuard on your feet (and your kiddos) would be to make an oil concoction in a roll on by adding 2 parts OnGuard essential oil with 1 part fractioned coconut oil (both can be found here).
2. Use it to make your own foaming hand wash (or purchase it already made here).
3. Diffuse in a diffuser to kill airborne pathogens and to boost immunity! Don’t have a diffuser? Take a look at DoTerra’s here!
4. Mix a few drops in a cup of water and gargle for sore throat.
5. Make a disinfectant spray by mixing about 12-15 drops of OnGuard for every 6oz oz of water. Use the spray in place of hand sanitizer and antibacterial sprays! Great for wiping down door knobs, counters, grocer cart handles, light switches, and any other surface that is germy!
6. Create a Flu Bomb and use at the first sign of sickness. Mix 5 drops OnGuard, 3 drops Oregano, 5 drops of Melaleuca, 5 Drops lemon oil, add these oils to an empty gel cal and take internally. You can take these every three or four hours. For kids, try 1 drop of Oregano, Melaleuca and OnGuard diluted with a carrier oil on the bottom of their feet.
7. Diffusing this in your home not only helps rid your house of germs and sickness, but it also smells AMAZING! Like fall and Christmas in a bottle. The smell of a candle with the benefit of health! Winning!
And just remember, I am not a doctor (surprise surprise!). This information is my own personal experience and advice.
For ordering info, visit my DoTerra website here, or contact me!
Want to save 25% on all of your oils? Follow this link and click “join” to order as a Wellness Advocate!